My name is Joseph Thomas and I am a licensed attorney in Washington State. While I am located in Renton, I will represent individuals and businesses across Washington State.
I have a passion for the defending the rights of individuals — for helping people work through the system and achieve justice. My practice areas include: civil rights, employment discrimination, First Amendment, and public records law.
I grew up in Colorado, moved to Arizona for law school and now live in Washington State— I have spent most of my life out west. I enjoy the outdoors and the environment, but I like living in a big city.
My legal interests are shaped by life experiences, both personal and professional. During law school I interned at the Arizona Justice Project, clerked at the Federal Public Defender for the District of Arizona — Capital Habeas Unit and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Phoenix District Office.
I blog about cutting-edge constitutional issues at Intermediate Scrutiny.
Phone: (206) 390-8848
- All state of Washington courts
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Juris Doctor, Arizona Summit Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Colorado at Boulder
Professional Bar Association and Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association of the Western District of Washington